My usual go-to for “past their prime” fruit is a smoothie, but i didn’t want to go there – smoothies are not challenge worthy. However, I have been itching to make some chia jam – that’s it.
I also found some blackberries that I bought last Wednesday that were on their last leg and a tiny bit of frozen raspberries in the freezer that I couldn’t bring myself to throw out, but there also weren’t enough to do anything with – until now.
I measured out the raspberries first and I got 1/2 cup, I measured 1/2 cup of strawberries (and snacked on the rest), and measured 1/2 cup of blackberries.
I ground up my chia, because I don’t like the gelliness of whole chia seeds and grabbed a Halo that came in my pack of 4,000 – not really, but dang you get so many of them at one time.
No Sugar Added Mixed Berry Chia Jam Author: Sarah PflugradtPrep time: 4 hours 10 minsTotal time: 4 hours 10 minsServes: 1.5 cups jamIngredients
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, ground
- Juice and zest of 1 clementine orange – about 1.5 Tablespoons juice
- In a food processor or high powered blender, blend all berries together, leaving it as chunky or smooth as you like
- Transfer to a small bowl and add chia seeds, orange juice, and zest
- Transfer to a sealable container and put in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours