Who wants a new dynamite meal idea? Well, it’s not a new idea for me, but I’m so excited to get it out to the world. I had no idea what to call it, so Asian Beef Bowls seemed like the most appropriate. Mainly because it has beef and I used an Asian salad kit, so it only made sense!
This comes together in less than 30 minutes and yes, you can meal prep this. Here’s how:
Shortcuts for Asian Beef Bowls
So, the major shortcuts that you can use for this meal (I highly suggest you take the shortcuts if you’re short on time).
- Salad kit: The salad kit that I used for this picture is a Fresh Express Asian Salad Kit, however, I have used a Dole salad kit before. They are all very similar in flavor. This is for some freshness, flavor, and texture.
- Shaved beef: Shaved beef is just like you would think; it’s very thinly shaved fresh beef, not the sliced beef you get in the freezer section. This will be in the fresh meat section of the grocery store. It cooks in 5 minutes.
- Frozen shelled edamame: This is much easier to find than it used to be. Look for it in the frozen veggie section at your favorite grocery store.
- Grated carrots: These are by the salad mixes — this is totally worth it.
- Microwavable rice: This cooks in 90 seconds and is worth an extra buck at the store.
Meal Prep for Asian Beef Bowls
Here’s how I meal prep this:
Container 1: Beef and Rice — both of these need to be reheated, so put these in their own container.
Container 2: Salad, edamame, carrots, sliced avocado — you want these to stay cold.
Container 3 (or a little baggy): Crunchy bits from the salad kit.
These Asian Beef Bowls are a perfect mix of flavor with the sauce seasoning the beef, the dressing on the salad, the earthiness of the rice, and the fresh vegetables.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know how you like it by commenting below 👇Print
Ingredients for Bowl
Fresh Express Chopped Asian Salad Kit (the chopped cabbage, not the greens) – divided
1, 8.5-9.0 ounces microwavable rice packet, such as Seeds of Change Quinoa and Brown Rice
1 cup shelled edamame
1 cup shredded carrots
1 avocado, divided and sliced
Optional: red pepper flakes
Beef and Sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
12 ounces shaved ribeye steak
3 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cornstarch
In a medium sized mixing bowl, dress the salad with the dressing packet, but do not mix in the crunchy bits (use those as a topping), and set aside.
Microwave the rice and set aside.
Mix the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
In a medium-sized skillet, over medium-high heat, add the canola oil and the shaved beef. Using tongs, toss the beef until it turns from pink to light brown and you no longer see any pink, this only takes about 5 minutes. Add the sauce into the center of the skillet, turn off the heat, and mix the beef with the sauce – it will thicken quickly.
Portion the ingredients for the bowls into 4 servings and assemble anyway you like with the following ingredients: Beef, rice, salad, edamame, carrots, avocado, and the crunchy bits from the salad kit. Top with a few sprinkles of red pepper flakes if you like a little heat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes